Invitation to submit papers to the next NWBC − the leading event where research and industry meet to discuss recent wood-based biorefinery developments.
The conference will cover new research results and industrial experience related to biorefining based on wood and/or on pulp mills:
- Biorefinery systems and processes.
- Biorefinery products: chemicals, materials and fuels.
- Apart from technical/scientific process/product subjects, economy and sustainability issues will also be addressed
- Abstracts for selection of Oral presentations: September 2, 2016
- Abstracts for selection of Posters: November 4, 2016. Poster-presenting research students at universities in Sweden and Finland can apply for participation at zero conference fee.
- Selection of oral presentations: October 3, 2016
- Selection of posters: November 15, 2016
- Deadline for Manuscripts to preprint (both Oral presentations and Posters): February 14, 2017
No-fee participation possibility for research students
Thanks to our sponsors, research students at universities in Sweden and Finland who wish to present a poster at NWBC 2017 can apply for a no-fee participation in the conference (includes conference fee, and evening activities, but not travel or accommodation costs).
To apply, send your abstract before 4 November 2016, according to "Call for papers" and specify that you apply for "no-fee research student participation". The selected applicants will be informed by 12 November.
Publication of presentations and posters in the Bioresources Journal
After the conference, the authors of both papers and posters will have an opportunity to publish their contributions in special issue of the BioResources Journal with 20 % discount on the publishing fee.
BioResources is a peer-reviewed open access online journal devoted to the science of lignocellulosic materials, chemicals, and their new and improved applications. Research areas of interest include wood products, paper science, lignocellulosic energy, chemical products of cellulosic materials, biocomposites, and novel uses material derived from woody material. Research areas of interest include wood products, paper science, lignocellulosic energy, chemical products of cellulosic materials, biocomposites, and novel use material derived from woody material. More information can be found here.
Instructions for abstracts
Send your abstract as a word file to email@example.com
Title and authors: Give the names of the authors in the following order: first name, surname. Underline the presenting author. Affiliation, city, country, using superscript number to refer to each author. Email address to presenting author.
Main text: max ca 400 words. Make sure that the novelty of the suggested presentation is clear.